Position: Program Executive for Sahulat Business Cooperative Group (SBCG) Project
Location: Kamrup District, Assam
Deadline of Application: 15 June, 2016
SAHULAT MICROFINANCE SOCIETY established in 2010 is a voluntary non-political, non-profit making social service organization. It aims to provide interest free micro finance options for removing socio-economic disparities and to achieve justice and equity for educationally and financially backward sections of the public at large.
Sahulat’s research cum operational intervention is in growth mode; its affiliates are working in 10 states (Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Bihar, Delhi, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Pondicherry, Maharashtra ) with 34 branches in cooperative credit society legal format through state, liberal and MSCS act. Its working on borrowing cost and profit and loss sharing business model for cooperatives is its strength.
Sahulat Business Cooperation Group (SBCG) Project: In this project ,groups of members ranging 11 to 19 persons of business occupational background sustained for a specific period with its financial activities (savings deposit, withdrawal, loan) shall take the benefit of a credit cooperative (Sahulat’s affiliated cooperatives) or federation of these groups in its later stage. These groups will experience with Profit/Loss Sharing (PLS) Schemes during the course of evolution in its matured stage by empowering themselves through training ; Program Executive shall facilitate it.
We look forward to a Program Executive position to be based in Kamrup District, Assam on the following parameters:
Skill and Qualification Required:
- At least one year of experience in social Work.
Desirables: Good Communication skill, Basic Accounting knowledge, Knowledge of MS-Office, Must be Resident of Assam.
Reporting to: Manager–Operation, Delhi
Job Description of program executive:
Program executive would be responsible for:
- Monitoring survey in identified places of Kamrup district
- Implemeningt the sbcg project and its monitoring in the selected area.
- Reporting Head Office in writing for the development in timely manner.
- Any event to be organised in respective area.
- SBCG group formation in respective area.
- The follow up of those groups.
- The financial activity training of the groups.
- Monitoring of the groups.
- Arranging promotional activities.
- Conducting small business group meeting for awareness generation, motivation and opinion sharing.
- Recording all group activity and members behavior such as
a) Meeting Participation
b) Deposit rate
c) No of loan application, sanction, pending etc in a period
d) Loan repayment rate
e) Average quantum of loan
f) Cooperative practices etc.
- Organising business consultation meeting.
- Training the group members on
a) Election process of chairperson, secretary and treasurer,
b) Maintaining deposits, instalment, and loan disbursement.
c) Membership & loan application scrutiny.
d) Management of Loan, liquidity and other financial issues.
e) Writing meeting minute
- Any other job related to the SBCG project.
- Assist in formation/registration of cooperative in respective location after maturity of sbcg project
- Assist in holding promoter group meeting,training ,liasioning with registrar office
Application process / Terms & Conditions:
- All completed application forms must reach Sahulat on or before 15th June 2016.
- Any offer made post the interview will be conditional on receipt of 3 favourable written references, (preferably one should be a current or previous employer). In case clarification is required post the receipt of complete reference forms, Sahulat reserves the right to call the referees.
- Remuneration : Commensurate with experience and qualification & as per sahulat policies